Tuesday, August 23, 2005

"Eve, get out of the water or we will never get the smell out of those fish"

I have not had a girl friend in a long time. I actually have not seriously dated since my divorce. Some have wondered why. Some of the more primitive minded can’t understand how I can “go without” for such a long time. For those that do understand, thanks. For those that haven’t progressed pass the 60’s, free love era or others that make me rethink evolution, please read on.

I CHOOSE not to have a relationship. I know this is hard for some of you to comprehend. Some people only see straight or gay people. You either are one or the other. But, there are Asexual people also. Its not that I don’t like sex, I love it. I just don’t think the strings attached to sex are worth it. It’s like the movie “The Girl Next Door.” One character was ask if the “juice was worth the squeeze”. To me, sex is not “worth the squeeze”. I mean, the shit that some women put you through just makes me wonder why there are not more domestic disturbance cases. Are men blameless? Hell No. Men, including myself, share in our fair share of the problem.

I find it ironic that the very guys that can’t understand how I can go without a woman, are usually miserable in there own relationship. Some have been married multiple times. I feel for them and I understand their pain, but please don’t blame me because I learned from my mistake.

I, most likely, will be alone for the rest of my life. If I find a woman that I am attracted too (not settle for), and I get to know her, and I get the feeling that she would accept me for the way I am, then maybe. The last part of that is why I will always be alone. I see women do it all the time. They get with a guy and then try to change him.

I understand that when two people start a relationship, things will change a little. Like the cartoon with the woman sitting with a man and the caption read, “Of course I can accept you for who you are. You are someone I have to change.”

It’s like the old saying “Guys get with girls, hoping they don’t change, and they do. Girls get with guys hoping they do change, but they don’t.”

My ex changed. Every girl in every relationship that lasted for any length of time has changed.

Just for the record, I am not gay, I never will be gay, and if you think I am, you’re an idiot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
+
Click Here