Saturday, January 08, 2005

Do you want fries with that???

This weeks bitch is Customer Service. Every time I go somewhere that has to "serve" me, I compare the service I get with the service given on the movie "Clerks". I think "I'm not even supposed to be here today" on days that I am scheduled.

Anyway, I am getting ready to get gas at a local grocery store and I noticed when I pulled in, that the lights are on. I start the pump, using my debit card, and I noticed that a guy that looks like Randal from "Clerks" turn the light off in the office. The pump starts pumping gas and after about $3 or $4, the loud speaker comes on and the genius says "I'm sorry, we are closed." I replied, "The pump is running." After a short time, he says "Did you use a credit card?, I said "debit". "Ok, that should work then."

If he thought I was gonna stop pumping because he wanted to leave 20 minutes early, he was nuts. Then there was the computer store.

I ordered some computer stuff off of an online computer store. One item was a motherboard for $29.97. What a great buy, I thought. I ordered 3. I received part of the order, but not the motherboards. For some reason, I felt that I should call and make sure everything was ok, even though it had only been a few days. When I called, Christian answered the phone, after I had to choose from "one of the following menu" about 6 times. With some relief that I was actually speaking to a human, I ask about the order. He informed me that they only had 1 of the 3 motherboards and the other 2 had been back ordered, with no reorder date available. So, I ask if they had something comparable. After several minutes of searching, the closest thing was 2 motherboards at the cost of 49.99 each. This $40 increase should have been absorbed by the company, since it was their error. The only thing I was offered is shipping for a $1 on the motherboards only. If they were to give me a $20 store credit, I would be ok with that, but nothing else was offered. Christian was nice and professional, but I think the company failed, because they didn't give him enough options to resolve problem. He claimed that was all he could do.

I am in the service industry and if I had the attitude that most of the idiots that I deal with as a customer, I would be unemployed tomarrow.

Customer service in America has went in the toilet. Business's need to teach better customer service. The customer has a resposiblity too. If you order a burger without tomatos and it comes with tomatos, don't complain, just pick them off and throw them away. Only complain if you have a real problem. It's a 2 way street. I am doing my half.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
+
Click Here